AW: [sw-l] PHILIPPINES SignWriting Report

Nana Dumitra nana.dumitra at SCHLOSSKLAUS.AT
Wed Feb 2 07:52:56 UTC 2005

Dear SW List and Val!
Thanks for your praise, Val :-). I do want to post some more FSL signs for
the list, but it will need to be a little later. The next 4 – 6 weeks will
be very busy as we are preparing for a three month leave – going to Austria
and Romania. My husband needs to check our latest translation with the deaf
and I have to prepare my first ever power point presentation (besides
teaching our children and several other „hats“). But I will keep it in mind
and hopefully closer to leaving here or after we arrive in Austria I will
take the time to post several signs.

About sign puddle: I never got into it, because of our phone connections
(you guess was correct, Val :-)). I cannot do things if I need to stay
on-line for more than 10 – 20 minutes maximum. But I do hope to find some
time to look into it while in Austria. Then I will at least have an idea
what everyone is talking about :-). But if I understand correctly you could
just create a Filippino Signpuddle now and I (or whoever) can add signs
later on? I do believe I already sent you several „geography signs“ for the
Philippines a while back. I am attaching them again. Maybe that would be
enough to get it started? – so as an answer to your question, Val: yes, I
would like for you to set up a FSL (Filippino Sign Language) signpuddle.
Thank you!

Greetings from the Philippines,
Nana