[sw-l] CZECH...Handshapes needed...

Kimberley A. Shaw kshaw at WELLESLEY.EDU
Thu Feb 3 13:14:49 UTC 2005

Hello all:
that's a great nutshell description of how to find handshapes; took me a
while to learn where certain handshapes "live", as well!
I need help on a related query -- *how* do you search the SignPuddle
dictionaries by *sign*? I'm only able to pull up entries by guessing which
word in English (for ASL) might correspond to the sign I'm after ... isn't
there supposed to be a way to search/find by handshape?
Am very pleased with the Signwriting manual, and am carrying around a
50-page extract of it which I'm using as a ready reference to use when
transcribing stuff from my ASL textbook. Am about to begin another
semester of ASL study, and know that signwriting will be very helpful.
Keep up the great work in Brazil, Switzerland & everywhere else!
Kimberley, from Boston MA USA