[sw-l] CZECH...Handshapes needed...

Thu Feb 3 17:09:33 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 3, 2005

Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> I need still time to familiarize with those things. I have not planned
> to use SW as I have other jobs to do but I could not find anyone else
> for building up a SW dict for PJM.
> Now, after I have seen your helpful diagrams I can understand better
> the logics of Sign Puddle. Thanks again.

Thanks for this very nice message, Lucy! And I understand what you
say...I only wish I had a magic button that would teach the whole
writing system in a matter of days...but it isn't like that...it takes
time and no one is expecting you to do it fast...certainly not me...

Learning to read and write English for me, took me several years, when
I was 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 years old...then later I took it for granted! So
you are very brave to try...and I know it will take years for it to
become established in the schools, and that is where learning to read
and write Sign Languages belongs, because when you learn it as a child,
it is really easy...You should see the children learn...they just learn
it - It is hard to explain!

So I am very grateful to you Lucy, for the lovely article you wrote in
Polish, about SignWriting...thank you for your excellent article!!

Article about SignWriting by Lucy
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs3/sw0213-Poland-
SwiatCiszyOct04.pdf

smile...

And do not feel pressured by me...I expect nothing from you...I am
grateful you are interested at all!

Maybe someday a teacher from a Polish school for the Deaf will become
interested and that may make things easier for you...plus...if I had
more time, I could write some Polish signs for you, from dictionaries
etc...but we are both too busy for that right now...