[sw-l] To translators of SignPuddle!!

Fri Feb 4 16:32:40 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 4, 2005

Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> Sorry for the problem, Val. I suggest you send me the icons as graphic
> files and I'll put the translation directly into them. Is this
> possible? As to the diacritics, you probably saw them in the doc file
> but on this picture they turned into dashes.

Hello Lucyna!
Thanks for all your hard work. Do you really have time to do icons?
That is very nice of you to offer...But there is no rush at all...there
aren't that many people from Poland using SignPuddle, as you already
said...and your English is better than mine!

Meanwhile, the screen capture that I showed of your translation in
Polish was taken directly from my Microsoft Word file...and that was
probably because I had not changed my Mac over to the Polish
keyboard...I was viewing it under the US language and keyboard...so
that shows you the problems with international work...I didn't realize
it had damaged things because I don't know Polish...that is why the
graphic icons are necessary...Sometimes I see your Polish properly I
believe, but I can't prove that, unless I made you a bunch of screen
captures...

So in the future, if you would like me to do it for you, then type it
with the proper diacritics in your Microsoft Word document, or in an
email, and then take a screen capture of your own screen, and then send
me the graphic file...graphics are solid and cannot change...smile...

You can download the zip file with all the icons here:
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/downloads/Puddle-Icons.zip

Send them back to me to my private email address....no rush at all...

Many thanks for everything...