[sw-l] Phone numbers in ASL

Adam Frost icemandeaf at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 8 23:29:31 UTC 2005

Hey Sandy,

Here is the SW that you asked for. (Hopefully this works out ok.)

This would be an example of what I was saying would be "educated" ASL expression of series of numbers.

And this would be the other common way amongst Deaf here in the US.

I hope that this helps you.

Adam

Sandy Fleming <sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK> wrote:
Thanks, Adam.

There's no reason why I shouldn't supply a feature for both formats (this
sort of thing is easy compared to providing "proper" signs).

I wonder if you could give me a SignWritten example of (818) 555-1234 so I
can get a better idea of how it will look? There's no rush.

Sometimes it seems to us foreigners that every US phone number has 555 in
it - and then when you actually go to the US, it turns out that none of them
do :)

Sandy