[sw-l] Signs in living color

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Thu Feb 10 23:01:32 UTC 2005

That makes sense, since you have no build data on those signs. I wonder
if it would help the editors of those dictionaries if there was a way
to quickly identify signs that are still image-only? Then when we are
browsing the dictionary and notice a sign that is marked as image only,
we could edit it as we notice it?

Am I correct in assuming that you do a filename search when you prepare
a sign listing?  If so, could you modify the sign listing script such
that for all matching signs, it does a quick check to see if an
equivalent build file is present?  Then it could mark signs without a
build file with an asterisk (*) or some other symbol to indicate an
image-only sign.  That may be helpful anyway if for example a build
file for some reason gets deleted or something, then you'd have a way
to know that a new build file is needed for that sign?

What do you think?

Stuart