[sw-l] LESSONS in Finger Movements

Thu Feb 17 17:08:30 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 17, 2005

On Feb 16, 2005, at 3:11 PM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> attached you find my suggestion how to transcribe the two signs ...
> What do you think?

Hello Stefan, Kathleen and Sara!
Right now it means a lot that I explain the difference between a Trill
and a Hinge, so that the little kids in Belgium know the difference! So
I am just focusing on your writing of the finger movements, and not the
Mouth, for right now...I hope you don't mind...

There is a slight difference between our writings, Stefan...You are
writing the Hinge Movement connected, which means that it is
Close-Open-Close, where I am writing Close-Close...it has to do with
emphasis...the feeling of the movement is different...so Kathleen and
Sara...you will need to choose between Close-Open-Close or
Close-Close...I will show you how to change it in SignMaker next
message...and I still have to teach you Trills, so I am not done!!