AW: AW: [sw-l] SignText Question, and Tsunami message...

Stefan Wohrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Mon Jan 3 21:01:27 UTC 2005

Hi Valerie,

thanks a lot for the quick response ..
well I had been on that webside (see link below) --

but no - contraryto former experiences the translation of the single sign
(gloss) does not show up, in case you move the cursor on top of that sign-

But anyway thanks for the translation - that allows a different approach

Stefan ;-))

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]Im Auftrag von Valerie
Sutton
Gesendet: Montag, 3. Januar 2005 21:37
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: Re: AW: [sw-l] SignText Question, and Tsunami message...

SignWriting List
January 3, 2005

Stefan Wohrmann wrote:
> bevertheless I would love to understand the message - unfortunately in
> contrary to the early SignPuddle messages the translation of the png
> do not
> show up anymore if you touch the sign with the cursor of the mouse -
> That has helped before to understand messages written in different SL
> of
> the world ;-))

Hello Stefan and Everyone!
I believe that feature still exists if the message had been sent using
the SignMail program...the email program...from the SignPuddle web
site. But SignText is a new program that is not finished yet...Stephen
is still developing it...so that is probably why...

The version of Ingvild's message that I posted to the list was just a
screen capture of the signs that Stephen had posted on the web...it was
just a dumb jpeg, so of course the mouse could not give you words for
that one...but if you go to this web page to read Ingvild's message,
you may have a different experience, I don't know:

http://oculog.net/wiki/index.php/Tsunami_sadness