[sw-l] Setting up two new SignPuddles....

Thu Jan 20 17:47:13 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
January 20, 2005

On Jan 20, 2005, at 9:17 AM, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> So far, Gally hasn't seen the light yet. The educational leadership
> here in the US generally do not accept the idea of written ASL. As far
> as I am able to determine, their philosophy is English is our written
> language and ASL is our "spoken" language.  I disagree with that
> concept (naturally! :) ), but so far we haven't had much success as of
> yet in changing that view.  But in the long term, I believe what you
> are suggesting will happen. :)

Thank to you, Stuart and Phillipe, as two Deaf people and as members of
the National Association of the Deaf in the US, you are helping make
that change - Thanks for your hard work in Iowa. How are things going
for you? Any news from the Iowa Association of the Deaf? Val ;-)