[sw-l] Gallaudet using SignBank?...smile

Adam Frost icemandeaf at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 21 17:57:05 UTC 2005

I would be more than willing to do that.
I kinda figured that I King Jordan would have thought it interesting, but he is caught between two worlds. Grrr. :-( But that is a very good idea, Val. I would be more than willing to do so.
Adam
PS I check and made sure this was going to the list and not just you, Val. HA!
-----Original Message-----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <sutton at signwriting.org>
Date: 01/21/05 09:16 AM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] Gallaudet using SignBank?...smile

SignWriting List
January 21, 2005

On Jan 20, 2005, at 9:53 AM, Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa wrote:
> Have anyone written to the President of Gally about this?
> Would be very interested in his reply. Shane

Good idea, Shane! I have done that once years ago, and he was very
polite. A nice person. And he was nice enough to say he was amazed and
impressed with SignWriting. And I believe that he was sincere. But
Gallaudet does not back any one theory officially...so what could he
do? He can't force anyone. However, if I wrote and offered free copies
of SignBank to all of the teachers on the Gallaudet campus, maybe that
would stimulate something without the President feeling pressured to
back it...He will simply be offering the free software to any teacher
or researcher on campus who wants to participate...I will try that in
February and I will keep you informed!

Meanwhile, you can help me. When I am ready to offer SignBank to the
Gallaudet campus, I will need some of you to help me write email to the
President of Gallaudet at the same time, saying that you use
SignWriting and hope others on campus will too...Will any of you be
willing to help me with this?!...smile...Val ;-)

These words brought to you by Ogo.  Find out more at www.ogo.com