[sw-l] LESSONS in SignMaker

Sat Jan 22 19:49:33 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
January 22, 2005

Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> I just tried to use the Sign Puddle to make the Polish sign for Poland
> but I failed :-(. I could not find the E handshape...

Sure. You just need to know the logic behind the way the symbols are
grouped...Look at the attached chart. If you are talking about an E
handshape that we use here in the US?...It is categorized as ...four
fingers bent, touching the thumb, which is across the palm of the
hand...

The fourth Hand Group is all the hands that use the Four Fingers with
the Thumb across the palm of the hand...so you click on the Four Hand
Group symbol, and then more handshapes in that group are listed. You
will find the American E hand there. Is that the handshape you wanted?