[sw-l] SignWriting Meeting, Maastricht, Netherlands, July 2005

Sat Jan 22 23:34:36 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
January 22, 2005

On Jan 22, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> I would be interested in participating in this conference. Is there
> such possibility for a deaf person from Poland who is not a teacher? I
> am a doctoral student, specializing in Polish Sign Language grammar,
> and also an editor working for a magazine for the Deaf in Poland...

Hello Shane, Lucy, Martin and Everyone -
Oh of course! The SignWriting meeting in Maastricht should be open to
all SignWriting users...So you all are welcome...whether you be
educators, doctoral students, linguists, Deaf people, and writers for
Deaf magazines ...you are all welcome!

Below is an old message from Kathleen in Belgium. Kathleen gives the
web site address below for the conference on Deaf Education held in
Maastricht in July. You can read about the offical conference...plus I
suggested in a message earlier today, that those who teach or use
SignWriting, and will be attending the Maastricht conference anyway,
could setup a special meeting just for SignWriting users, either before
or after the bigger conference...it is a golden opportunity for all of
you to get to know each other...and Stefan Woehrmann, who teaches
SignWriting daily to Deaf children in Germany, will be the guest
speaker, so it is perfect for a SignWriting meeting...Here is
Kathleen's old message: