AW: AW: [sw-l] SignSpelling Rules and Guidelines

Stefan Wohrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Thu Jan 27 16:39:17 UTC 2005

Hi Charles and all,

I am not quite sure - do I understand your question?

The frustration about not being able to translate SW texts if I do no write
Mundbilder is a real problem. I use SW as a tool to support deaf children in
their efforts to learn German.

If we are not able to understand the meaning of a written document - it is
not useful. If we are able to understand the terms that a used, if we learn
how to express the same idea in German we experience satisfaction.

So it is not a question - not at all !!!!!!!  of speed - but a question of
understanding.

According to your other question - if I understand that right - well all I
can tell is that in German Sign Language the mouthmovements are a very
important part.

(Well looking at the videos for Prag - there are other SL as well ... smile
... )

Stefan ;-))

[Stefan Wohrmann]