[sw-l] Reading Diacritics in SignMail program...

Stephen Slevinski slevinski at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sat Jan 29 01:52:00 UTC 2005

Hi Lucyna and list,

I can't find a problem with diacritics in SignMail.  I tested it and it
seems to work fine.

If you can provide an example so I can reproduce the problem, I would be
greatful.

-Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:02 PM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] Reading Diacritics in SignMail program...

SignWriting List
January 27, 2005

Yes. Our server is obviously storing the original entry with the
correct diacritics, or Lucy would not see the diacritics in the
SignPuddle dictionary on the web...but then when she types those
diacritics in the SignMail program, the program does not recognize the
diacritics...so of course this has to be something related to our
server or our programs...This actually proves me right on one thing
though...It shows that if one is typing from a computer in Poland, the
Polish accents will show up in the dictionary entries, without us doing
anything special...that is because the operating system supplies the
special symbols there...It is what happens later that is the problem...
But no rush on this...there are more urgent issues with other
SignWriting features!  Val ;-)