[sw-l] Building Dictionaries

Sat Jan 29 05:05:46 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
January 28, 2005

Sandy Fleming wrote:
> Another advantage I thought of is that even if someone doesn't want to
> build
> a dictionary for their language we could perhaps persuade them to help
> us to
> write the name of their country and capital city to put in the
> International
> Name Sign dictionary. Eventually we might be able to publish a simple
> World
> Map in SW so that signers everywhere could learn the signs for every
> country
> and many cities.

Exactly! We just haven't started yet...So here is my request...

Please help us add the name of countries and capital cities in the
International SignPuddle:

International Sign Names
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/sgn-WO

...and...if a couple of you want to become the Dictionary Editors for
the International Name Sign Dictionary on the web...tell us, and I will
send you an invitation so you can establish your password...

Do you think our personal name signs should be in there?  Val ;-)