Glitch in editing signs...

Wed Jul 6 22:13:07 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
July 6, 2005

Charles - There is a logical explanation, that I explained to Kim
before...For the dictionary to find a sign, there has to be an entry
without a number...let me give you an example...

baron
baron_2
baron_3

like that...the first one HAS to be without a number, or the
dictionary cannot list it.

Usually, if you just add a new sign, then that sign is automatically
assigned a number etc...I don't believe there should ever be a _1...I
am not sure...I have to ask Steve...

But as an editor, when you go under dictionary editors and you search
for the sign, in that area you can find signs that got confused when
someone deleted the first sign without the number...and then
SignPuddle doesn't automatically re-assign the no-number to a sign
and then the whole list cannot be found...

I will tell Steve about this when he gets back, but meanwhile it is
easy enough...You go into Dictionary Editors and find the signs, and
then rename them to make sure that one has no number and the others
are in sequence with _2, _3 etc...I do that all the time whenever I
rename or delete signs, I make sure there is always one that does not
have a number so the dictionary can find it...

Val ;-)