Ethiopian Manual Alphabet(EMA)

Thu Jul 21 16:50:42 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
July 21, 2005

Dear Eyasu and Charles -
Thanks to you both for all your messages. I would like to ask you a
favor, Charles...Can you teach Eyasu how to add the Ethiopian Manual
Alphabet into the Ethiopian SignPuddle?...If you have the time, you
can enter them yourself. Most of the symbols are already in the
IMWA...there are a few that are not, but you can still enter them in,
because we have a place to construct symbols...the little finger
pieces are there in the IMWA for you to make a temporary entry of a
handshape...I just looked in the Ethiiopian SignPuddle and all the
Ethiopian manual alphabet are not entered yet...

Then later...and it may be months from now...I will add some of the
constructed handshapes as real symbols in the IMWA but I am
backlogged by several months of other symbol requests etc...so
meanwhile if you construct them for now, at least you can go ahead,
Eyasu, and write your language right now...

So tell me when you have entered the whole Alphabet into the
Ethiopian SignPuddle!

Thanks sooo much, Charles, for helping Eyasu!!