[sw-l] Underlining proper names in vertical columns...

James Shepard-Kegl, Esq. kegl at MAINE.RR.COM
Fri Jun 3 04:17:00 UTC 2005

Here is a suggestion on proper names --

In Nicaragua, we still write horizontally along the page and we have long
been underlining proper names.  There is no confusion with pause lines as
for us these are vertical.

Since you are writing in vertical columns, why not just be consistent and
reverse the procedure.  Pause lines are horizontal, and proper name markers
can appear vertical to the right of the sign (or on the left side, if you
prefer.)

-- James