[sw-l] Introducing myself

Tomáš Klapka Tomas.Klapka at RUCE.CZ
Fri Jun 3 14:35:04 UTC 2005

Czesc Lucyna ;)

I know that my family name sounds funny in Polish :) I don't know where
is it from. I know a british famous writer Jerome Klapka Jerome, who
wrote "Three men in a boat" and it is said, that Jerome's middle name is
from hungarian general György Klapka.
In the czech language "klapka" has many meanings: lid, extension
(telephone), stop (musical instrument), stop plank, flap, clack(-valve),
clapperboard, clappet, drop indicator, valve, shutter, key, wing flap.
Plural "klapky" means lot of other: blinders, blinkers, keys, earmuffs,...
Genealogists say, that the family name is from someone who is very
talkative, because of the claping of the mouth ;)

I would like to travel a lot and meet all you people, but there is not
so much time and money I would like to have. I hope I will meet you,
Lucyna, someday ;)

Tomas