[sw-l] permission to reprint;and, where's the "elbow" symbol?

Kimberley A. Shaw kshaw at WELLESLEY.EDU
Tue Jun 7 18:59:33 UTC 2005

Hello Valerie and everyone:
looks like lots of good things going on at the SW list, as always!
Another thing I would like to do, is gather up as many transcribed-into-SW
ASL stories as possible, and make up a reader for *adult* students of ASL
in my area, for our own use. While I am getting stories from my fluent
friends, may I also reprint the three transcribed stories that you have
under "Deaf authors", namely Protest at Gallaudet, The NAD, and Fond
Memories? Full credit will be given to authors and to the SW site, of
course! Ideally, I would like the whole reader to be in *just* ASL, no
gloss, no English text ... but then again, people can always go to the
website if they need to see it in English.
Stokoe-index is proceeding, but with only one hitch -- where on earth do I
locate, in the SignMaker Group List, the sign for "elbow"?? I really need
this symbol for something else I'm writing as well, and haven't been able
to find it!
Best,
Kimberley S. in Boston MA