[sw-l] the rest of Kevin Clark's story

Thu Jun 9 17:35:14 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
June 9, 2005

Hello Kimberley!
Thanks for this message -

> I would love to include Kevin Clark's "Protest at Gallaudet" story
> in a SW
> anthology which I am making for myself, friends, and ASL classmates.
> However, since only half of it appears in SW on the website, are there
> plans to put the rest of it online in SW? Since it was "written in
> ASL", I
> presume that there must be a manuscript copy of it somewhere in
> existence
> ... of course, I wouldn't at all mind having a manuscript copy
> either, if
> that is possible!
> Or if anyone knows how to contact Kevin Clark, I'll be glad to ask him
> directly ...
> Best,
> Kim from Boston

That would be nice. Too bad the manuscript was never finished...I
videotaped Kevin telling the story in ASL late at night one night
years ago...I can't remember when...It was a poor quality vhs tape. I
then had to make it grainy looking on the web, because the quality of
the original tape was so poor...and then I never finished the
transcription...and now I don't even remember where the old vhs tape
is, to finish it, plus a lot of other people are waiting for me to
finish their work...so I would not have time to do the transcription
right now anyway...so what you see is what you get, on the web...

Contacting Kevin, would be fine, but Kevin did not do the SignWriting
in this case...he has done other great documents in SignWriting, but
not that one...I am not sure if he ever even saw that posting...You
can read more about Kevin on the web:

http://signwriting.org/deaf/deaf011.html

So I guess you are going to have to live with what we have!

ASL signers on the Ilst...do you have any ASL documents for
Kimberley?...