[sw-l] POLAND doubts about the strike symbol + werb/noun

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Mon Jun 13 09:51:48 UTC 2005

> 1) ok, I understand now your rule no.1 and I agree  :-)
> 2) good way how to write Deaf signs. But what about signs not possible to
> write meaning in short words..
> Than I think everybody should discuss and try to find "short meaning" but
> it is not easy, I know.
>
> Honza

You mean idioms? Well, take an English dictionary and look how the English
idioms are translated into Czech. They always are translated, more or less
accurately. Let's take this English idiom for example:

to dream muse idly - marzyć o niebieskich migdałach (word for word: to dream
about blue almonds)

Well, if you have a sign for DREAM-MUSE-IDLY, you enter the Polish
equivalent as MARZYC-O-NIEBIESKICH-MIGDALACH.

:-)

Lucy