[sw-l] Hello!!

eyasu tamene eyasuh at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jun 14 14:26:47 UTC 2005

Dear Ronald Dettloff,

I have been informed that there are some schools reserved for deaf and there are some together withe the non-deaf.  Neither of them uses Sign kwriting. The teachers in one school use Manual Communication and on other Total Communication.  Their main learning opportunity is their environment. When they meet they can even creat new signs which hasn't been said before, which is a great advantage for them. One thing I can assure you is that if your comes here he can definitely communicate with the deaf community in here. Ethiopian Sign language has borrowed many words from the ASL. Please get me more questions to let you know.

Eyasu Hailu

Ronald Dettloff <signpreach at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
Dear Eyasu Hailu,

I am interested in your project because my son belongs to the Ethiopian
Orthodox Church in Tampa, Florida. I am a pastor to a Deaf Church in
Michigan.
Are there any schools for the Deaf in Ethiopia?

Sincerely yours,

Pastor Ron and Judy Dettloff
Home of the SignBible - http://cyberjer.com/signbibl/index.htm
Write me: signpreach at hotmail.com