[sw-l] DVDs.... Great News! ;-)

Tue Jun 21 03:18:07 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
June 20, 2005

Dear SW List, Shane and Stefan!
I have some great news. I have learned how to create DVDs from our
old video series. So we will now have the following products...

1. Lessons in SignWriting Video Series on DVD
2. Deaf Perspectives on SignWriting Video Series on DVD
3. Learn to Read Goldilocks in American Sign Language on DVD

and they will be available in NTSC and PAL formats. I make each DVD
individually on my Macintosh, in either format. The new Mac iDVD and
iMovie programs are simply fantastic, and I can do all of this
without purchasing the expensive Final Cut Pro program, thanks to our
Board Member, James Short, who taught me how to do it!

For those who wish to do the same on your Macintosh, I will be happy
to tell you how I did it. It required an up-to-date version of
Quicktime, and two other programs made by other companies...MPEG
StreamClip helps change MPEGs from older formats into the formats
needed by the Mac, and the DiscLabeler program is specially designed
to work with iDVD to make the labels for your DVDs, working directly
in conjunction with iPhoto...works like a dream!

And Stefan...guess what? Remember the CD you sent me of your TV
program in Germany about SignWriting? Remember I could not play it on
my TV because it was in PAL format?.... and also, it was in another
format of MPEG and my Mac couldn't play it either?...That was a long
time ago and I never got a chance to see the program because of the
formatting conflicts.

Well....now I can play it on my Mac and I watched the whole wonderful
German TV program on my computer screen!! So this means that I can
play PAL on the Mac (but not on my TV)...that is a real blessing...it
also means that I could take your program and place it on an NTSC DVD
and then I could watch it on my TV - ha!

So congratulations on the great TV program, Stefan - It is simply
terrific! You should be very proud of it!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages