[sw-l] challenge for programmers - SSS-ID mapping onto Unicode

Thu Jun 23 17:56:42 UTC 2005

Tomas Klapka wrote:

>Is 16 bits the maximum given to IMWA? I think the Unicode has the mechanism to
>encode more bits.

Hi Tomas,

Currently, only 1024 characters have been assigned to SignWriting.

The 16 bit number is from my investigation of Unicode and a short
article I wrote Sept 2, 2004 called "The IMWA's place in Unicode." I
wrote the article on the Oculog.net forum that I later dropped.  I have
resurected the forum and it is back online if you want to take a look.
http://signpuddle.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=24

FYI,
-Steve