Updated SignText with accurate lane display

Sat Jun 25 17:21:44 UTC 2005

Hi List,

I have an updated version of SignText that is ready for download.  It
uses the latest version of the IMWA.  The interface has been update to
match the current version of SignMaker.  And the on screen display
correctly centers the signs in the correct lane by head position.

SignText has many uses. The major advantage of SignText is that it can
be used offline without an Internet connection.   With SignText, you can
explore the IMWA, create a list of signs to import into the SignPuddle
dictionary tools, and write SignWriting text with lanes.

To review verticle writing with lanes, check out SignWriting.org:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/grammar/vertical/vert001.html

Specifically, consider the finished sentence on the fourth page:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/grammar/vertical/vert004.html

Please try the release and provide feedback.
Online:  http://www.signpuddle.com/signtext
Download:  http://www.signpuddle.com/signtext.zip (10.7 MB)

I will be releasing a finished version of SignText next month that uses
the soon to be released version of the IMWA.  I will update the display
and add simple editing function for the resulting text.

-Steve