[sw-l] thumb diagonal down

Sandy Fleming sandy at SCOTSTEXT.ORG
Tue Mar 1 15:36:18 UTC 2005

Thanks, Charles.

Also apologies because the arrows were meant to show alternating (cycling)
motion, not motion together, although I see from my own diagram that this
was my mistake.

I was particularly interested in the way you drew the circle arrows as ovals
without thickness. How does the reader know which way the hands are
circling? Have you positioned the arrowheads on the thik part of the oval to
show which part is nearest? Or are the arrows to be read as being on the far
side?

Sandy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Charles Butler
Sent: 01 March 2005 12:19
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: RE: [sw-l] thumb diagonal down

Sandy and all,

I'm going on instinct here, but this is how I would write it.

Sandy Fleming <sandy at scotstext.org> wrote:
Hi Val & everybody!

I was just going to ask this qestion about diagonals because I was tryign to
write the BSL sign for "travel".

After reading your answers I still don't understand how to write it, though!

Here's an example of the sign written as seen by someone standing to the
signer's left.

How do I write it from the expressive viewpoint?

Thanks!

Sandy

I'm