[sw-l] DIAGONAL PLANE Hands for Detailed Writing

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Mar 1 17:10:41 UTC 2005

  Sign for mountain.  The hands move diagonally up forward twice.  One could write it with a double-curve up as well, but I think of this as "straight" movement.

Charles Butler

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:SignWriting List
March 1st, 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 8:25 AM, Sandy Fleming wrote:
> It's not that I'm a researcher but that the software I'm writing does
> allow
> for the sort of fine control that researchers might need, so I should
> know
> how to do this.

OK. But I want to be sure that teachers of Deaf children understand
that the handshapes on the Diagonal Plane are unnecessary for everyday
writing...this is only for detailed writing....Because for everyday
writing, we already have movement symbols on the Diagonal Plane, and
that is enough to get the Diagonal Plane written...to Review the
Movement Symbols on the Diagonal Plane, start at this web page:

http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/arrows/arrow017.html

and it goes for several pages...

or...start here...

http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/112%20Straight-Movement.html

and it goes for several pages...

OK. Next message I will show you the hand symbols...