[sw-l] im a very poor salesman of the SW!

Sun Mar 6 15:30:36 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 6, 2005

On Mar 6, 2005, at 7:10 AM, Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa wrote:
> If Val can't do that, perhaps you and I can meet up (the next time im
> in
> England) and discuss the manual - maybe with Trevor in attendance - to
> see
> if we can come up with a wee manual you suggested?

Of course I can do it! Shane...I wrote to you privately awhile back on
email, to ask if you could give me your street address, so I could send
you a donation of SignWriting materials...a package, and I did not get
an email back....or...maybe you did write to me and I lost your email?
It is possible because we moved to a new server last week and I lost
some email...So please write to me again so I can send you the
package...

Now, Trevor...I have never seen you write any SignWriting before!...Can
you send me some of your SignWriting work?  Have you ever written a
sentence in SignWriting? If not, then I think it is time for you to
start! You cannot advise people on creating SignWriting documents, if
you have never written SignWriting yourself!!...

And I will help you to learn, if you are interested in becoming a true
SignWriter...You have been on this List for years, but you were always
posting English messages about intellectual subjects that was not
specific to writing signs in BSL...Have you ever added signs into the
BSL SignPuddle on the web?..

And Shane, rather that turning to other people who have never taught
SignWriting, I would like to ask you to please turn to me, Stefan and
others who are skilled with SignWriting...we are not letting you
down...we are right here with you every step of the way...and we will
help you every step of the way...Do you want to start writing a
Goldilocks story in Northern Ireland Sign Language? Why not? Try
starting the first sentence and post that to our List and we will have
fun learning together...

You need to start writing more Northern Ireland signs in your
SignPuddle too, so we can start sharing information about how you are
writing the signs...