[sw-l] Sign for HOUSE in BSL, NISL, ISL and Flemish Sign Language...

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Sun Mar 6 20:13:48 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:

> Shane, Sandy, Trevor, Kathleen and Sara -
> To get a good SignWriting translation, you need to videotape a Deaf
> skilled signer, signing the Goldilocks story...or vocabulary....then
> post a copy of the videotape on your web site, or send it to me with
> permission to post it on our web site...

What about using Aesop's Fable "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? An EU funded
project (ECHO --- European Cultural Heritage Online) recently put up a BSL
video of that story on http://www.let.ru.nl/sign-lang/echo/ The video
lasts about 2' 30" and roughly 25Mb. I know it's not Golidlocks but the
video forms part of a signed language corpus. Maybe the other indigenous
signed language teams (Swedish and Netherlands) providing material to that
corpus also filmed The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

According to the announcement of the availability of corpus sent out to
the sl-ling list ECHO is committed to "open access". Whether that means
the video clips are copyrighted I don't know but can find out.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!