[sw-l] Kathleen and Sara - Teacher from Belgium visiting Germany

Sun Mar 13 20:42:07 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 13, 2005

On Mar 12, 2005, at 4:24 PM, Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa wrote:
> Its never EASY to convince any educational establishment that bilingual
> education DOES work - my mother asked me the other day "Is there any
> good
> bilingual schools that I can send you to if you were wee again?" I had
> no
> answer to her question :(

Tell your Mom, Shane, if you were a small Deaf child again, that you
could travel to Germany, or Belgium, or Albuquerque, New Mexico, or
Brazil or Nicaragua and beg the school system to let a Deaf child from
Northern Ireland into their classes!!

By the way - this photo shows the Workbook Level One that we will be
translating on the web now...thanks for the signs for HOUSE,
everyone....that first sign for HOUSE is on page one of this
workbook...I am working on the web pages now...so we can translate the
Workbook One into several signed and spoken languages...I hope this
will make your job a little easier, Shane, later on, if some teachers
start using SignWriting in Northern Ireland...