[sw-l] Sandy's sign for "house"

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at FRANCISMAGINN.ORG
Wed Mar 16 04:18:29 UTC 2005

Val,

I re-checked the lovely neat picture u have done - in one way, Sandy got the
sign right - if she's referring to a very big house or a maison or even a
palace.

It makes me smile when people sign Buckingham Palace as "'B' BIG-HOUSE"
whereas in NISL, we sign "QUEEN HOUSE" - interesting, I never recall anyone
bere in Belfast talking about "Buckingham Palace" - oh yes, I remember Agnes
Carberry telling me about it - as her husband was invited to meet the Queen
of England at one of her garden parties - she signed it as "QUEEN HOUSE
LONDON GARDEN BACK-OF-HOUSE PRIVATE-PRIVATE" - long I know.

Sandy's sign in BSL: Palace, maison, big house, UK Parliament