[sw-l] CONTACT with Chest and Belly

Mon Mar 21 21:31:38 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 21, 2005

Honza wrote:
> Just one more thing, I think it is necessary to add there also the
> signing space - the breast, because some others signs are signed on
> belly.

Please see attached diagram...If you write NO shoulder or hip line, as
we were writing before for the sign for ZDRAVI...then the exact place
of contact on the torso is neutral..not stated exactly where. The
moment you add a Shoulder Line or Hip Line, you are giving exact
information on location of contact...

1. Touch under shoulders, on chest...perhaps a little under the collar
bone...
2. Touch lower on the torso..."somewhere above the hips"....
3. Specific touching in the exact center of the torso