[sw-l] How to create SignWriting cards and graphics....

Tue Mar 29 17:30:05 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 29, 2005

Tini Pel in Canada wrote:
> How do you print a message in  Sign Writing onto a picture.? It looks
> soooo nice.
> Well here is mine from our family here in Canada to you all...

Thank you for your lovely Easter Card, Tini! I will be posting it on
the web shortly...there are many cards I have not posted yet...

How do we place a sign in SignWriting onto a picture?...Imagine you
already have a picture you want to use in the computer...Then do
this...

1. Open the picture in your paint program, or in Photoshop or whatever
program you use.
2. The go to the US-Canada SignPuddle:

http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/sgn-US

3. Search for the sign you want.
4. Once you get the sign on the screen, take your mouse and either
right-click on the sign to copy the sign to your desktop, or drag and
drop the sign directly on top of your picture in the other program...

Draging and dropping is a great tool...try it!