[sw-l] POLAND... thank you for your help, Easter, ż, s

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Wed Mar 30 08:40:25 UTC 2005

Dear List!
First of all, I want to tell you that I spent Easter with my parents, 400 km/ca. 250 away from Warsaw. I couldn't be online all the time there, the connection was possible only with the dial-up, so I downloaded the postings but couldn't answer to them right away, and so, I had prepared my last mail with the video clips before I read your last mails in which you suggested how to write Ż and S.
As to the Easter customs I described - well, I know we all are interested in SW but I just wanted to refer to what others had written :-). And making a webpage is not so difficult (Val, you yourself made the website with SW Easter cards :-)), as I have my personal website with photo albums and I just thought I would make an additional album with Easter photos. And I have done it but put only 4 photos there. If you are interested, you can see the album at http://lucyna.dlugolecka.webpark.pl/easter.html .I
Photos are better than a written history :-). Writing in English is so easy... (English is much easier than Polish) and if I had written the history in PJM, you could not read it :-))
Ok, now to Ż. Of course, my symbol was totally wrong. So, know you know that the whole hand is moving... Yes, we don't fingerspell as slow as I do on the clip but first I did it slow and then saw it was not much readable for "strangers", so I re-did it slower and larger :-) Val, I can accept your suggestion No. 4 but I have a question. What does the tension exactly mean? I thought it means a classifier...
S: This letter is signed just as I am showing it on the picture. So, the index finger should be bent. Since it is not in the IMWA, I modified another symbol in the Paint program and am attaching it :-)
And to create a symbol for Ź is a problem too. I think I have to make it in Paint.
Thank you all, again!

Lucyna

GG 3618151 SMS +48505273292