[sw-l] SSS and IMWA

Wed Mar 30 14:46:40 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 30, 2005

Dear SW Listers -
Excellent descriptions below. It is because of SignPuddle, that I have
been able to improve the IMWA. The symbols were always written by hand,
but getting them all in a computer program has been the problem. That
is why we had limited or smaller symbolsets in the past. Most computer
programs could not handle so many symbols. But SignBank and SignPuddle
have made it possible to include all symbols of the IMWA...and this has
also made it possible to add new symbols when needed to the same
symbolset...so yes, it used to be called the SSS-2004...But I wonder if
in the future we could call it the SSS-IMWA, which may expand as time
goes on? Will that name work, Stephen? Val ;-)