[sw-l] symbol for mouth really wide open

Fri May 6 15:35:28 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 6, 2005

Ingvild Roald from Norway wrote:
> I've been trying to write Goldlilocks from a vodeotape made by a Deaf
> signer. Goldlilocks comes into the house very hungry, and when she
> sits down to eat, she opens her mouth really wide to take in porrige
> whith the large spoon of Father Bear. - I would like to have a larger
> mouth circle to show that, if possible.

Hi Ingvild!
I remember seeing that video of Norwegian Sign Language...it is really
expressive...Sure, a bigger mouth could be added to the
symbolset..Before I add a new symbol to the IMWA, let's discuss
possibilities...What computer program are you using to create your
document? SignWriter DOS or Java?

Here are all the symbols we have in the IMWA, and I believe all of
these symbols are available in SWDos and Java too...Is it the circular
mouth that you want to enlarge? I assume that the Yawn mouth would not
be acceptable?...continued next message...