[sw-l] Wow! I am teaching SignPuddle to students 600 miles away!

Sat May 7 19:20:24 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 7, 2005

WOW!! I just connected with the interpreters and Deaf teacher, Kevin
Clark, by videophone, 600 miles away! I saw Kevin perfectly, and could
sign to him, and heard the voices of the interpreters, and he has a
computer screen setup so I can teach his class how to use our web
sites, and specifically how to use SignPuddle today! So in an hour we
will start teaching...1:00 to 2:00 PM...lessons in SignWriting on the
web with 30 students...smile...

As you all know, in recent years I have not been able to travel because
of health reasons, so this means so much to be able to teach again! So
I will teach them how to use the 4 ways to search a SignPuddle
dictionary today...by words, signs, symbols and symbol-frequency...

If there is anyone else who has a D-link i2eye videophone, I will be
happy to teach you SignWriting for free anytime...we just need to setup
an appointment...if you can gather a group together, that would be
best, and if you can get one computer nearby that would be great too!

I will tell you how it goes later..smile...

Val ;-)
Sutton at SignWriting.org

Videophone:
D-Link Users: 1-858-456-0098