[sw-l] Using the SW Convert java program.

Tue May 10 21:50:41 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 10, 2005

Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> So is there a „new“ 5.0 Java Version???? – that I haven´t heard of?

Val answers...
It is the same SignWriter Java we have always had...it was named
SignWriter 5.0 because it was supposed to be the extension from
SignWriter DOS 4.4 back 1996, but then it never got finished...but was
called SignWriter Java 5.0 anyway...so nothing is new about it...

> Well – have you tried to install SW4.4  along with the really “new”
> DOS – box ? That does work pretty good!
> For more informations have a look at my webite  www.gebaerdenSchrift
>   and look for DOS –box
> You can work with your old DOS – sgn  files in Java 5.0  but I don´t
> do that too muh because of all the problems.

I wanted to see your web page on DOS BOX very much! The link above is
not perfect...it does not have the .de after it...so the link should
be:

http://www.gebaerdenschrift.de

so I went to that web page and scrolled down and found this lovely
photo - wow! So I clicked on this photo and I got a great page on
DOSBOX but it is in German, and Eloy Lobato Alvarez is from Spain....So
maybe we can make an English or Spanish version of your DosBox
instructions someday....smile...Thanks for doing this German web page,
Stefan...It looks great!  Val ;-)