[sw-l] Java Stack Trace of Signwriter Tiger

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Mon May 16 21:40:20 UTC 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Bill Reese <wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM> wrote:

>  java -jar signwriterTiger_alpha01.jar
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: class
> signwriter.abc.SymbolProperty overrides final method ²?*??(+    .??ß*??(+!!
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
>         at signwriter.abc.impl.AlphabetImpl.<clinit>(AlphabetImpl.java:15)
>         at
> signwriter.abc.impl.DelegatedFactory.loadAlphabet(DelegatedFactory.java:20)
>         at signwriter.abc.Factory.loadAlphabet(Factory.java:33)
>         at signwriter.display.SignWriterTiger.main(SignWriterTiger.java:279)

That's exactly the stack trace I get on Linux. I'm using the jvm from JRE
5.0 rather than the jvm from the equivalent JDK version. (Sun has made it
very difficult to find the JDK versions hiding them somewhere other than
downloads.) Having now found where the JDK 5.0R3 edition is hidden I will
download that and check if the behaviour is any different. Also have time
in my diary to fix the Linux issues.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!