[sw-l]

Daniel Noelpp d.noelpp at GMX.CH
Tue May 17 09:19:59 UTC 2005

Hello SignWriting List

Thank you for the stack traces. The hint of Lars showed me that I used
a bad Java compiler (a buggy Java Tiger version) to build the jar file.
I think I need to recompile with the newest version and post a new jar
to SourceForge. With luck the issue for Mac and Linux users disappears
magically. This will need a few days.

Yes, one needs Mac OS X Tiger to run SignWriterTiger_alpha01, because
Java Tiger is not available for versions before Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. I
have been successful compiling for older Java Virtual Machine, for a
pre-release, however. In the long term most probably Java Tiger is not
neccessary, and nobody needs to switch to Tiger (both Mac OS X and
Java) to run Tiger (SignWriter).

For Windows users, however, Java Tiger has a much nicer graphical user
interface. Version 1.4 looks very clunky. I recommend all Windows users
to install Java Tiger anyway.

You and your feedback has already been very helpful. Thank you.