[sw-l] ENC: Brazil SW NewsLetter

Fri May 27 21:40:06 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 27, 2005

> Sergio Ribeiro in Brazil wrote:

> Since November 2003 we have a brazillian discution group (http://
> br.groups.yahoo.com/group/escrita_sinais/ ) , actualy we are 48
> participants, we are deafs and hearings and I am creater and
> moderater of group. Now I producing Brazil SW NewsLetter especific
> to signer or LIBRAS user. Brazil SW NewsLetter will writing in
> signwriting, and now I am preparing the first edition. I wanna
> talking about SignWriting  history, I have this information, by I
> wanna talking signwriting use actualy, how many countries and how
> many user groups in the world. Have you news informations about ?
> Is 27 countries most recent number ? Do you know how many deafs use
> signwriting actualy ? How about USA signwriting use today ?

Hello Everyone and Sergio!
Happy to meet you by photo, Sergio...Great pictures!

So there is now a SignWriting List from Brazil, in Portuguese and
Libras, called the EscritaSinais List (the WriteSigns
List)?...Congratulations. Thank you for starting that, Sergio!

Can others join? For example, Charles Butler...have you joined the
EscritaSinais List in Portuguese?...Click on the LInk above...

Here is a photo of Sergio...I will answer your question next message,
Sergio...