[sw-l] Escuela Condega

Sun May 29 22:14:06 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 29, 2005

Jacques Bleau wrote:
> I invite you to investigate what is the matter with the named
> Escuela de Sordos Condega (Nicaragua). The  Deaf School was
> presumably founded and directed by James Shepard-Kegl in 1989.....

Hello Jacques, James and Everyone!
Oh yes. We have been discussing the schools in Nicaragua on our List,
just recently...And as you know, SignWriting has been used in the
Escuelita de Bluefields since 1996. Darline Clark Gunsauls, a Deaf
staff member who worked for me back in 1996, taught SignWriting there
in the summer of 1996...You can read Darline's report on the web:

SignWriting in Nicaragua...trip to Bluefields 1996
http://www.SignWriting.org/nicaragua/nicaragua.html

and I have also just posted one of many documents that James has sent
to me...Here is the newest one I have just posted:

New document posted:
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs3/sw0228-NI-NSLP-Report-
Jan2005.pdf

The nice thing about this document is that it shows how SignWriting
is used.

Our SignWriting List is specifically about how SignWriting is used in
schools around the world...Are you using SignWriting, Jacques?