[sw-l] my signwriting attempt + sign=word or concept?

Mon May 30 14:50:59 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 30, 2005

Antony Daamen wrote:
> It will not help German reading or writing, and dare I say little
> help to
> speaking German.  There are over 100 muscles involved in speaking
> and you
> only show the mouth and possibly cheek muscles....
>
> I appreciate that you do some very good work there in Germany, just
> wanted
> to get this of my chest.
>
> Like to hear your thought on these points....

---------------------------

Actually, Antony, this is not true. Stefan has been pioneering
several new ideas, and they seem to be working with his Deaf
students...One of the benefits of Stefan's Mundbildschrift is
assisting in written translations...

For example, Stefan's Deaf students have already shown that using
Stefan's Mundbildshrift (facial expressions that show the movements
of speech) helps Deaf students translate written German
documents...Take a look at the photo...the student is writing German,
translating from a SignWriting document, that has lots of facial
expressions...So using facial expression symbols from SignWriting can
be a benefit to written translations...(there are other benefits
too)....