finger movements spelling rules

Thu Nov 3 15:26:56 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 3, 2005

Hello Everyone!
I am preparing diagrams for summarizing the way we write the Finger
Movement Symbols. It is taking longer than expected, so I will post
them as I get them finished, even if it is a little out of order!

There are several ways to write opening your fingers, one at a time,
in a sequence. Those are called Finger Trills. There are two kinds of
symbols for Finger Trills. See the attached diagram for the detailed
symbol, that shows the exact finger that opens first, second or
third...The Placement Rule is written in the diagram...

I am preparing more diagrams...it may take a day or so before all of
them are posted, so keep reading and asking questions -

By the way, Stefan Woehrmann has an excellent description of Finger
Movement Symbols in his new instruction book on SignWriting, on page
204 and 205...