Stefan Woehrmann's instruction book

Thu Nov 3 16:20:07 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 3, 2005

On Nov 3, 2005, at 7:55 AM, Thierry Haesenne wrote:
> Valerie Sutton wrote:
>> By the way, Stefan Woehrmann has an excellent description of Finger
>> Movement Symbols in his new instruction book on SignWriting, on page
>> 204 and 205...
>
> You're talking about Stefan's instruction book... Where can I find
> it if
> it's online? I cannot find it on his site (and I must confess that
> my German
> is terrible and I don't want to spend hours trying to understand the
> sentences...) Thierry

Hello Thierry, Stefan and Everyone!
Oh yes! Stefan's new textbook on SignWriting is a wonderful book!! It
was displayed at the SignWriting Symposium in Brussels last July.

I do not speak good German either, but I understand Stefan's book
well, because it is so VISUAL...with beautiful life-like
illustrations which Stefan did himself...Stefan is not only a teacher
of Deaf children, and a SignWriting teacher, but is also an
illustrator, artist and TrueType font developer.

So I think you will be able to learn a lot of SignWriting from
Stefan's book, even though there are some German words on the
pages...it is mostly visual...

Both Stefan and Birgit (the publisher) speak, read and write fluent
English...Here are the links...I am planning to write an article
about the book on our SignWriting web site too...

Birgit Jacobsen, Publisher
info at gebaerden.de

Stefan Woehrmann, Author
stefanwoehrmann at gebaerdenschrift.de

Publisher's Web Site
http://www.gebaerden.de/produkte.html

Specific web page about the book on the publisher's web site:
http://www.gebaerden.de/produkte/gebaerdenschrift.html

PDF File showing pages from the book!
http://www.gebaerden.de/pdf/Geb%E4rdenSchrift0.pdf