Belgium sign: poster

Mon Nov 7 19:58:37 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 7, 2005

Kasterlinden Bilinguaal wrote:
> I try to make the sign for 'poster' but I'm not sure about the way
> I made it :s Any comments?
> It should look like the 2 hands pushing the pins into the wall.

Hello Kathleen and Everyone!
This is the way I personally write the sign for poster, which is in
the ASL SignPuddle too, because we have the same sign in ASL. You
could copy it from the ASL SignPuddle if you wish....If you put your
hand in a fist, parallel to the floor...the handshape is like that
fist, but with the thumb up (see attached diagram). There are other
ways to write it too...this is just one choice...I like this one,
because it has the feeling of thumbs up: