Belgi ë: news and evolution in Si gnspelling

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Mon Nov 7 21:05:33 UTC 2005

Kasterlinden Bilinguaal napisał(a):

> Hello Val and list,
> I just got back from one week in Dublin. It was grand. I visited the
> CDS (Centre for Deaf studies) and met Patrick Matthew - he told me he
> visited you once in San Diego :)
> They were all such sweet and friendly people. I discussed SignWriting
> with him because he's working on his Phd about writing systems for
> Sign Language. - I was so happy ;) -
> We exchanged email and he wants to ask questions about how we use it
> in our daily education with Deaf children.

Hi Kathleen,
Good to know that there is Patrick Matthew who works on his PhD about
writing systems for sign languages. I have recently changed the subject
of my PhD thesis. I wanted to research the PJM syntax with adverbial
modifiers but the more I was getting interested in SW, the more the
syntax was getting boring to me... And due to the recent lost of my
laptop I also lost the little research I had made as far... My professor
already saw my great interest in SW and proposed me to change the
subject of my study... And I agreed.... And I have now started to write
on SW and SL notation systems!
And I would be glad if you give me Patrick's details :-).

Lucy

PS. I have recently sent 3 scanned pages of my article on the symposium
in Brussels but I don't see it on the List... it was probably not
accepted (too large...). Well, I'll try to resize the scans and send
them again.