POLAND... how to write LAPTOP, help!

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Nov 27 15:36:27 UTC 2005

Lucyna wrote:
  Dear Val, Shane, Charles and the List,
I especially like the sign no. 1 for laptop-computer. We sign it a bit
different, just open-close but I'll change it for the Polish sign. Thank
you so much! :-)
Lucy

CHARLES replied.

  I followed your writing, presuming that Polish Sign Language might just show an open-close for this noun, where ASL shows open twice (most nouns in ASL show a movement twice).

  This is the beauty of SW, you can show the different grammars of the signed languages where they differ,

  So don't change our sign Lucyna, ASL and Polish are different Signed Languages.

  Charles