Sign for Hey

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Tue Nov 29 19:26:55 UTC 2005

This is a sign that is used as part of discourse. Most often, it is
used as a "attention getter" ... probably something similar to the
English expression "Now, listen," or "Let me tell you ..."

I have put two versions in SignPuddle.  The second one came as a result
of feedback from one deaf person here.

A text description looks like this:  The arm itself extends forward
(with the flat palm probably facing forward originally)  and then the
flat palm palm-down (about shoulder level) moves up and down from the
wrist with an expectant look on the face seeking their attention. (This
is probably a very familiar gesture anyway).

The second spelling is probably closer. Do I need the shoulder line or
add the details of the elbow extending? What do you think?

Thanks,

Stuart

FIRST VERSION